Friday, November 14, 2008

Lexis of Wisdom

It surprises me no end what you can learn from other people. Just the other day I had the opportunity to acquire a little bit of data on the fine points of my current service industry.


The following exchange has been edited to protect the identity of those involved, my job status, and to enhance the reading enjoyment of you, my beloved readers:


Uber-Visor: Let me tell you something I’ve observed about our “service” industry from my personal experience, Sub-Ordinate A.

Sub-Ordinate A: Yes, oh wise Uber-Visor. Do share a measure of your fount of knowledge on me a meager follower of your counsel.

Uber-Visor: ‘Tis this… In our industry, the males only fall into one of two categories. Either they are Gay or Manyak.

Sub-Ordinate A: *Purses its lips in confusion, hesitant to ask the obvious question: “Which one do you belong to, exalted Uber-Visor?”*

Uber-Visor: *Probably sensing Sub-Ordinate A’s unasked question.* Well, ehermm… maybe not Manyak in all instances… but , definitely mahilig…

Sub-Ordinate A: Oh…! Well, that is good to learn, Uber-Visor.


You notice the unasked question remained unanswered. But, I don’t want to speculate on that. I’d rather concentrate on the sweeping generalization inherent in the assertion of Uber-Visor and how he came to such a conclusion…!?


Lesson: One can learn much from what others say. But one can learn so much more by what they do not say.

:D

6 comments:

UtakMunggo said...

at talagang old english pa ang tema ng conversation nina uber visor at sub-ordinate? haha

tHe AraChne said...

para may spice! nyahahaha tita betchay, salamat sa comment!

Anonymous said...

One can learn much from what others say. But one can learn so much more by what they do not say.-TRUE ENOUGH!

---
napadaan po mula sa blog ni ate UM :)

tHe AraChne said...

Wow! salamat sa pagdalaw joShMaRie... enjoy, enjoy lng po ka'yo.. :D

Anonymous said...

it sounds like, "its me to learn and for you to find out" situation.. :)

tHe AraChne said...

hahaha.. what if i'm not interested in knowing?